Socialtext has posted our newest case study on enterprise social media: Executive search firm Egon Zehnder International. It’s a real success story of how one of the world’s great professional services firms has transformed its intranet from a crufty document warehouse to a dynamic forum for firm-wide collaboration.
Amid the globalization of the executive search industry, Egon Zehnder is using Socialtext to connect researchers and consultants world-wide for things like:
- Current research on specific industries, functions, and executives
- Up-to-date information on the firm’s work with strategic clients
- Approved templates for engagement proposals
- Current marketing materials describing the firm and its approach to specific types of searches
- Thought leadership on industry and functional trends
- Expert help handling exceptional searches, i.e., searches with specific and non-standard requirements
The case study talks in detail about what made Egon Zehnder’s project a success, including:
- Compelling business case, closely tied to the firm’s strategic objectives in a rapidly changing environment
- Secure yet cost-effective deployment with the on-site managed appliance
- Tight partnership and alignment across Training, IT, and the firm’s leadership
- A solution that took off like wildfire, because it met the needs of users
I’m personally very excited about Egon Zehnder’s success. Michael Kieran and I worked closely with James, Bill, and Ramona throughout the process. We witnessed first-hand the project’s evolution from a concept in London to a whiteboard sketch in New York to a global rollout to a strategic capability of the firm. It has been an exciting journey and a true partnership.
Read, enjoy, and tell us what you think!